National service scheme at Hindu College of Pharmacy, Guntur was inaugurated in the year 2000 by the hands of Hon. President and secretary. The main objective of starting the activity at college was to have some sense of responsibility for social activity to the professional pharmacy college students from their busy schedule. Initially, a unit of 50 students was sanctioned by the university which was increased to 100 students in 2008-09 looking at performance and various activities conducted. For last 15 years NSS unit has been actively involved in various social activities mainly in the Health sector along with other activities like environment protection, disaster management, road safety, cleanliness drive etc.
|Dr. P. Seetharamaiah Professor & OSD
|Dr. A. Rajesh Professor
|Mrs. J. Siva Jyothi Asst. Professor & HOD
|Mrs. P.Mounica Asst. Professor
|Mrs. S. Sarala Asst. Professor
|Mr. P.N.N.S.V.Prasad Office Staff
|B T R Krishna Rao Stores Incharge
|Ms. K.Vijaya sindhu II B.Pharm
|Mr. A.Pavana Sai Murali Krishna II B.Pharm
|Ms. E. Nikitha II B.Pharm
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS) AT OUR COLLEGE ARE:
1) Understand the community in which they work
2) Understand themselves in relation to their community
3) identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
4) Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
5) Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
6) Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
7) Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
8) Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
9) Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
10) Practice national integration and social harmony.
- The National Service Scheme, is an Indian government sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to society without bias.
- Students volunteer for the NSS work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity and learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources.