Hindu College of Pharmacy since its inception in 1999 has been striving to keep up to the needs and requirements of the students, society and various departments of Pharmaceutical industry. In order to offer better placement opportunities, quality research and to improve the curriculum for better academic inputs, college has internalized the best practices.
The college has adopted many best practices for quality such as
- Establishment of Recognized Research Centre by the Acahrya Nagajuna University.
- Distribution of prizes to meritorious students.
- Conduction of Guest Lectures, workshops and seminars and industrial visits.
- Establishment of Drug Testing Laboratory.
- MoU with Pharmaceutical Industries
- Organization of University level Sports Meets.
- Encouraging the faculty to upgrade their qualifications such as Ph.D., registrations.
- Introduction of objective type tests.
- Introduction of IC Technology.
- Mentor – Mentee Relationship
- Preparation of students for GPAT and other Entrance Examination
- Enrichment and Value added courses
- Training and Placement initiatives
Establishment of Recognized Research Centre by the Acahrya Nagajuna University [ANU]:
The objective of the college is to transform the citizens through a committed pattern of instructions based on carefully and well designed research activities. By being a recognized research centre under Acharya Nagarjuna University [ANU] in three disciplines viz., Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis and Pharmaceutics, acts as means to provide research scholars an opportunity to gain research oriented knowledge to enable them to pursue their chosen goals and aspirations. This research based education by research scholars inculcates qualities of competence, confidence and excellence in the research field. Research scholars will get developed as a skilled human resource to face the present day pharmaceutical challenges in the pharmaceutical industry.
Distribution of prizes to meritorious students:
To motivate the students to secure more marks in the University Examinations, to get University/GPAT/PGECET ranks in the examinations, on college anniversary day with eminent academicians such as Vice-chancellors merit prize distribution/gold medals in presence of parents and guests rank holders are Felicitated. Distribution of Gold medals and merit prizes was started in the year 2012.
Conduction of Guest Lectures, workshops and seminars and industrial visits:
To equip the students with the latest industrial developments, to enhance the presentation skills of the students, every department is mandated to organize guest lectures, workshops by drawing eminent academicians, industry experts as resource persons. Along with regular academic work, these activities are conducted. Feedback received from the students is encouragive to continue the scheme. The employability and industry readiness will increase with the knowledge gained from the guest lectures and industrial visits.
Establishment of Drug Testing Laboratory:
HCOP established the Dhanwantari Drug Testing Laboratory [DTL] with sophisticated instruments to do Analytical quality control of the imported Drug available in Indian market.
MoU with Pharmaceutical Industries:
The Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) has been set up in Hindu College of Pharmacy with an aim to strengthen the linkages with the industry and research organizations in and around Andhra Pradesh. This cell identifies the industrial expectation and promotes institutional preparation for meeting industrial needs by facilitating sponsored R&D projects, seminars, workshops and various other industrial training programmes. Organizing such IIPC’s in institution makes an effective contribution to educational system rather than criticizing shortcomings which are expected by the industry. Industry Institute partnerships reflects in equipping faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing technologies. The primary focus of IIPC is to interact with pharmaceutical industries in Andhra Pradesh and extend the efforts in establishing partnership with industries across the country in near future.
Organization of University level Sports Meets:
The institute conducting Sports meet for every year.
• Sports programs have been an integral part of college. They help realize the vision of honest disciplined citezens.
• They support the academics of the college and therefore foster success in life.
• These programs help students to produce productive citizenship.
• Sports help the students to develop interpersonal and time management skills.
• Sports help to maintain the proper physique and increase a student’s performance.
• Students by spending extra time in sports, avoid to do wrong or unwanted activities.
• A student learns that while playing, he has to play not for his own good but for the good and success of whole team – Team work.
• Sports help students lead a more mature life.
• Sports teach our students that the ups and downs are the inevitable aspects of life and should be taken in strides.
• Playing for a sports can help them experience hardships and allow them to face the trials, hardships and various rigors of daily life in the future.
• Sports are another name of honesty, integrity and loyalty for students. Thus a good sportsman can be the ideal citizen of the country.
• To develop students interest in sports and discover their hidden talents
• Responsible to give training and encouraging students to participate all intra and inter collegiate events.
• To plan and schedule sports events for the academic year. (Tentative dates to be included in the academic calendar of the institute).
• Keeping stock of previous and current years sports goods.
• Keeping stock of previous and current years sports goods. Ordering sports goods.
Introduction of objective type tests:
As a part of testing the students knowledge on weekly basis, objective tests are being conducted to all four years of B.Pharm and all Pharm.D. students. In view of making the students acquainted with the objective type answering and to make the students ready to face various competitive entrance examinations to acquire higher qualifications, this practice will help the students to face the entrance exams with more confidence and to get better ranks in GPAT/PGECET entrance exams.
Introduction of IC Technology:
ICT education was introduced in Hindu College of Pharmacy in the year 2007. Students and faculty members are making use of the IC Technology available in all education-related activities such as the presentation of seminars, preparation of slides for PowerPoint presentations, and collecting required data from the internet available in and outside the classrooms. Classrooms have an LCD projector that is extensively used for many purposes to present data to students as a part of regular class work or during seminars presented by guest lectures. Library is also enriched with digital textbooks available in the form of CDs. Through Delnet facility provided in the library faculty and students have access to e-journals.
Mentor – Mentee Relationship:
A mentor is a guide who can help the mentee to find the right direction and who can help them to develop solutions to career issues. Mentors rely upon having had similar experiences to gain empathy with the mentee and an understanding of their issues. Based on this particular strategy, our college has a very strong system of mentorship. For every 20 students, there is a mentor, and this mentor remains for a year. There is a proforma of the issues of students the mentor has to trace always while dealing with them. It is not only related to academic issues i.e. internal marks, and performance in the laboratory but also covers non-academic issues like the hobbies of students, their aspirations, and counseling if required. The college has various committees to handle grievances like the internal complaint committee, grievance redressal committee, sexual harassment committee. These committees work in coordination with the mentors to resolve the issues of students. Also there is a line and network of communication between the subject teacher, guardian teacher, mentor, academic coordinator and Principal to have a comprehensive resolution for any matter arising out with any student. The mentor maintains all the data related to his/her mentees for the whole year and transfers the same to the other mentor in next academic session.
Preparation of students for GPAT and other Entrance Examination:
The institute is consistently putting efforts to encourage the students for qualifying eligibility exams at the national and international levels including GPAT/PGECET and facilitation for GRE/ TOEFL/ IELTS. The results from the previous year reflect unswerving progress. Programmed preparation from pre-final year is structured for students to have better outcomes in GPAT/PGECET. This resulted in more percentage of students opting higher education after completion of respective courses.
Enrichment and Value added courses:
Students are exposed to additional courses as a supplement to the curriculum to improve their employability and confidence to face the interviews. Participation in these courses is mandatory and the duration of the courses may range from two days to one week. Offering of these courses was well received by the students and they have got benefitted to a considerable extent. Based on the nature of courses a very nominal fee is charged from the students to cover the expenses of the materials distributed and to remunerate the resource persons.
Training and Placement initiatives:
The main endeavor of Placement Cell, Hindu College of Pharmacy is to get students placed in reputed Pharmaceutical companies, Government Organizations, and the private Pharmacy sector. All the students of D. Pharm., B. Pharm., and M. Pharm., will be provided placement assistance, counseling for employment and self/Social entrepreneurship. The Placement Cell assures logistic support to the visiting companies at every stage of the placement process by making Hindu College of Pharmacy’s infrastructure available to them. The Placement cell will act as an interface between the industry and the students, and will primarily enable the students to select from their career options. We shall facilitate the selection process of all the companies as per their requirement. The Placement Cell will liaison with corporate organizations to provide suitable jobs and internship for the candidates completing their studies from the Hindu College of Pharmacy. The Institution also conducts seminars and workshops to enable the students of Hindu College of Pharmacy to become successful professionals.
The Broad Activities Undertaken by the Placement Cell is:
• Pre-placement visits to the companies.
• Communication, networking and relationship building with the potential recruiters
• Invitation to potential recruiters to visit the Institute.
• Continuation of placement activities after the stipulated period, till all the students are placed.
• Grooming and training of the candidates for the placements so that their chances of selection increase.
• General follow-up, joining formalities and other administrative activities.